@1 week ago with 22 notes
Let’s translate this whole #sharethefacts campaign, shall we? I’m pretty sure this is rather more accurate, so here goes:
"Really we’re just out-of-touch, neo-liberal liars and con artists who hate human rights, disabled people, and the poors. We like to buddy up to the corporations who donate to our party and then end up selling off national assets to.
Here are some facts about what the Conservatives are doing for you, #hardworkingpeople ! Don’t forget to #sharethefacts
- Removing the safety net of social security for thousands of people by sanctioning them over things which are not their fault.
- Making it more difficult to appeal the already enormously problematic decisions Atos are making in Employment and Support Allowance claims.
- Cutting NHS funding in real terms in order to starve it, claim it to be a failure, and proclaim it must have ‘market competition’ introduced to ‘save’ it.
- Outsourcing the services to healthcare companies with questionable ethics, who just happen to have a financial link to the Conservative Party.
- Forcing sick and disabled people from their homes by making it impossible for them to make up short falls in their rent caused by the spare room subsidy (aka ‘bedroom tax’) for rooms which are actually required.
- Increasing the deficit in 3 years more than Labour managed to do in 13.
- Going to Europe to fight to protect bankers bonuses, reducing the top rate of tax, allowing loopholes in the law that can be exploited to avoid paying tax.
- Racist immigration campaigns.
- Created a housing bubble.
- Outright lied in the 2010 General Election in order to gain voted. Has since gone back on every promise made, erased evidence of promises from the internet.”
#tories #uk politics